Mysterton, one of the 12 precincts in Townsville's character residential zoning programs aimed at protecting the unique heritage of the sought after Queenslander that we all have come to love. Sitting on a beautifully maintained 911 sq.m. block is this immaculately maintained 1920's Queenslander. The home was originally built in the late 19th/early 20th century and relocated as with many Queenslander style homes from the quaint town of Charters Towers to the prime locale that it sits today at 15 Hammond Street, Mysterton.
This amazing historical home is constructed of Silky Oak and has been tastefully renovated and maintained by the current owners to preserve the essence of the original property. In doing so they have highlighted the beauty of the timber floors whilst showcasing the quintessential VJ walls, gorgeous stained glass inserts in the timber french doors, to the masterfully rejuvenated claw foot bathtub having pride of place.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 toilets
- 911 sq.m. allotment
- Open plan kitchen, dining and family room
- Beautiful Heritage kitchen with stainless appliances and breakfast bar with VJ wall
- Bespoke built in wardrobes
- Large bathroom with floor to ceiling sliding mirror, clawfoot bathtub perfect for a - long soak and bespoke built Silky Oak linen cupboard and vanity
- Timber alfresco decking front and back, perfect for relaxing and entertaining
- Full irrigation system, the garden features lush fully-established low-care
distinctive zones and offers space to embrace the outdoors
- Outdoor shower located right beside the hot water system to minimise water usage
- Cozy fire pit with seating for those cooler North Qld nights
- Side Gates
- Fully enclosed lockable workshop downstairs area that is cemented with a storage
area with built-in cupboards and 2nd toilet. A breezeway completes the downstairs
- Easy-care driveway with undercover parking.
Located centrally in a quiet leafy location surrounded by many beautiful character-filled properties all with history of their own, and is only minutes from a fine selection of both Private and Public primary and high schools, shopping precincts and fine cafe and eateries. The property is walking distance to St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Mundingburra Primary School, TAFE, Mater Private Hospital, Anderson Gardens and Kokoda Swimming Pool. The prestigious Cathedral School is also nearby, falling in the ever popular catchment address for Pimlico High School is also a bonus for families of teens.
For those Quintessential Queenslander Lovers out there, this one is just waiting for you and will not disappoint. Don't miss the chance to own a piece of Townsville's history so Explore with us today.
N.B. This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide cannot be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.