Imagine coming home every day to this quintessential Mediterranean-style abode set in a sought-after cul-de-sac location within walking distance of local schools, Annandale Village Shopping Centre, public transport and a short bike ride via pathways to James Cook University and along the river. Visually striking with abundant street appeal and beautifully manicured gardens, this large quality-built dual-level residence sprawls across the generously-sized 851sqm allotment, making it the perfect choice for any family looking for a well-loved home where size really does matter.
The Mediterranean vibe is felt throughout this spacious home that features a natural colour palette, plenty of dark wood accents (rich hardwood flooring and kitchen cabinetry), decorative cornices and ceiling roses, decorative lighting and wall sconces, and other elements of vintage charm combining with a sense of balance, symmetry and harmony to create a feeling of instant warmth and belonging.
Entry via the charming front porch through ornate front doors reveals a spacious open-plan dining and kitchen. The kitchen design (with masses of storage solutions provided by timber cabinetry) has a centrally located island bench with cooktop and ornate copper range hood; a servery through to the family room and sliding doors out to a covered alfresco area creating a space which is ideal for large family gatherings and casual family cooking. Tiled and air-conditioned, the large formal lounge (with access to both the front and rear outdoor areas) further embodying an indoor-outdoor lifestyle.
Reaching the top of the staircase, you are welcomed by the warmth of polished timber floors in the hallway and in all 4 bedrooms. 2 bedrooms (air-conditioned with built-in wardrobes) are located at the rear of the upper-level; and 2 more bedrooms are located to the front (main and 4th bedroom) each with a balcony with views overlooking the front gardens. The master bedroom also offers “his” and “hers” built-in wardrobes (with full-length mirrors), air-conditioning and an ensuite bathroom with shower and toilet. A family bathroom with large spa bath (and shower combo), plus separate toilet are also located conveniently on the upper level.
PROPERTY FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Open-plan kitchen and dining, family room and separate formal lounge
• 4 bedrooms (main bedroom with ensuite bathroom), and family bathroom located on the upper level
• Internal laundry (with heaps of built-in storage) and adjoining 3rd bathroom with easy access from the rear yard / garage
• Over-sized double garage with adjoining tiled utility room / workshop / storage room (with roller-door access to the rear yard)
• Solar hot-water system, solar power system (5Kw), and NBN installed
• Spread across a generous-sized 851sqm allotment with beautifully manicured gardens and a private backyard with an abundance of fruit trees (lemon, lime, lemonade, mandarin, custard apple, figs, avocado) and other edible plantings
• Ultra-convenient location just a short walk to schools, shopping and public transport and only minutes to James Cook University, The Townsville Hospital and Lavarack Barracks. Enjoy close proximity to sporting facilities (including gymnasium) and pathways that offer walks around the river.